Holy Family Parish

Holy Family, Danville

444 E. Main Street
Danville, IL

website

Great

Swell

Pedal

HISTORY

The parish bulletin for November 1, 1981, the Feast of all Saints, happily announced the installation of the new Schantz organ from Orrville, Ohio. It had a total of 929 pipes, some of tin, some of wood and some of copper. The casing on the organ was walnut to match the other furnishings of the sanctuary.

Another parish memo stated: “The Frances Twomey Memorial Pipe Organ was designed and built for Holy Family by the Schantz Organ Company of Orrville, Ohio.  

The organ consists of 20 ranks of pipes and is divided into three divisions; the swell organ located in the tower; the Great Organ (exposed) and the Pedal organ (partially exposed). There are 26 stops on the organ.

Professor Paul Pettinga, retired chairman of the organ department of the university of Illinois, gave the dedication recital on December 6, 1981.  The organ was designed specifically for the church and took two years to build at a cost of $80,000.

SPALDING PASTORAL CENTER | 419 NE MADISON AVENUE | PEORIA, IL 61603 | PHONE (309) 671-1550 | FAX (309) 671-1579
© Copyright 2017 - Catholic Diocese of Peoria || Privacy Policy || Design by TBare.com