St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School
6001 N University St
Peoria, IL 61604
Principal: Ms. Sarah Hogan
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School is seeking qualified candidates for a school secretary position. The school secretary is a key individual in promoting a positive and faith-filled school climate with students, parents, teachers, staff, administration, and the surrounding community. The school secretary/receptionist’s purpose is to provide secretarial and administrative support to the administration, students, parents, staff, and diocese.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Deep love for Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church.
- Proficient in various current technologies and office software (word, excel, Google Suite, student information systems).
- Efficient and accurate word processing and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to compose correspondence independently.
- Ability to keep records and compile reports.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly, performing individual projects and routine procedures with organization and minimal guidance or supervision.
- Ability to establish effective rapport with students, parents and faculty using respect, compassion, courtesy and understanding.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with administrators, faculty, parents, and other staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity handling personnel, student, and family information.
- Maintain decorum, flexibility and dependability.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Experience in secretarial and clerical procedures
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- 11 months
- Reports to: Principal