Diocesan Safe Environment Program
Should you suspect that a child has been abused or neglected, please contact:
Department of Children and Family Services
- 24-hour Hotline
- Msgr. Paul Showalter, Vicar General
- Patricia Gibson, Chancellor
Catholic Diocese of Peoria Policies & Procedures
Click here to view, download, or print any of the Policies & Procedures
- Communications Policy - Rev. 2008
- Bullying Policy - Rev. 9/2007
- Harassment Policy - Rev. 3/2008
- Sexual Abuse Allegation Policies & Procedures - Rev. 10/2010
- Pastoral Code of Conduct - Rev. 7/2013
- Volunteer Code of Conduct Form - Rev. 7/2013
Safe environment training for adult employees and volunteers who have contact with minors is a key element of the U.S. Bishops' Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. The Diocese of Peoria has recently unveiled a new training program for adults. The new program, presented in a PowerPoint format by trained facilitators, is designed to help adults know what to look for in children that might indicate that they are victims of abuse and what behavior to look for in adults that might indicate abusive behavior with children. The program also covers diocesan safe environment policies, standards of conduct, and how to report suspected abuse or neglect. Completion of the training program is required for all personnel (employees and volunteers) of the parishes, schools, and agencies of the Diocese of Peoria who have contact with minors.
For more information, contact your local parish/school/institution.